Thursday, March 15, 2007

Sands of Time


The hourglass is a fascinating object. There is something mesmerising about watching the sand slowly trickle to the bottom, settling into a small mountain like formation.

They say age is but a number ... and for me that number is 30.

30 ... oh wow.

You know, when I was in my twenties, early or mid, I used to think that 30 was an age away. Well now that it has arrived, 'how do (you) feel about it?' you may ask. Actually ... I guess I am OK.

What is so bad about turning 30? Well let's see. You're nearer to 40 ... hahah. Oh well, 10 years is a long time (or is it?).

What is so good about turning 30? Well, let's see. It is proof of God's grace. I have made it this far ... 30 years on Earth upheld by Jesus' wonderful grace and mercy. Yes, I give thanks for this 30th year on earth, another year to do God's will, to please Him and to grow deeper into Jesus. What an opportunity!

I bless you Lord Jesus for these 30 years of being always on Your mind and now in Your Hands ... always.

More things to be grateful for this year:

1) God is actively at work in me;
2) I am finally well into my LLM (masters in law) programme (something I have wanted to do for the longest time) ... and it is one year nearer to completion;
3) I still look (hahah) like I am in my 20s;
4) I am surrounded by awesome family and friends;
5) I have more than enough.

Happy birthday all those who are also turning 30 this year, and you know who you are. :)

30 ... it is OK.

Jesus bless you all.

2 comments:

Weng Tchung said...

Bless! All the best Mr. Ken ;)

Ken said...

Hey WT,

Wow ... this is a surprise.

Thanks for your greetings.

I heard you got a scholarship to study LLM at Cambridge. Wow ... congrats man.

God is really blessing you.

Take care.

Jesus bless u.