Tuesday, June 24, 2008

An 'Axe' to Grind

Hey there,

Time for another update.

The title for the post sounds serious, but in actual fact it has nothing to do with the proverb which means 'to express one's anger to another' ... rather it talks about my experience with my guitar aka 'axe' as taught to me by my guitar 'shifu' Ms Jia Ling.

I started lessons back in April 2008 and so far (after some postponements) we have come to week 6 already. What have I learnt and achieved?

I can play 5 chords (10 more basic ones to go).

I can play my first song: Keep Holding On (although practice is still needed).

I can play Rain Down (Planetshakers) ... woo hoo (although more practice is required).

I can play (almost) Happy birthday (but I think my version is different from the norm).

Okla, so I am cannot play like Reuben Morgan or John Mayer or Eric Clapton ... yet. But slowly and surely ...

Anyway, I want to do my best for my Lord Jesus Christ.

Jesus bless you.

No comments: