Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Soaring up, Down under Pt 2

DAY 4 7th July
(Day 1 of the Conference)

Pancake on the Rocks. :) That about summed up our morning. The gang met up at about 10am and made our way to The Rocks for a pancake brunch. To cut a long story short (it was not really that long anyway), here are the pictures of the pancakes. The bacon (for the savoury pancakes) and the 'original' pancakes were especially good (soaked in rich, golden, shimmering maple syrup).






We then visited the MCA (Museum of Contemporary Art) and before we entered, took this picture.



Let me say this without prejudice, art seems to be anything today. I mean anything. There was this exhibition where the object on display was a table with some tools on it. Also some pictures of people framed up ... So much for that experience. The picture above would also be an 'exhibit'.

A few hours later found us at the Acer Arena in Olympic Park for the opening rally of the Conference.




(Due to the fact that I have been told that I tend to write theses when blogging, these entries are short, sweet and picture packed. I took over 400 pictures and videos. Please visit my Multiply site for all of them by clicking on the link in the Links section).

The initial rally opened what eventually turned out to be an awesome experience for me personally. I worshipped Jesus like never before, some nights literally singing my heart and lungs out, crying and crying out to my God, Jesus. Proclaiming freedom, proclaiming the promises of Him who reigns forever. More pictures from the first rally (Hillsong Nights). The Hillsong Worship Team led the worship sessions (there are two rallies each day: 430pm and 730pm with different speakers). The first day we had Robert Barringer (I think this is correct) and Ps Judah Smith. The former's message was about being extraordinary in the world, and the latter's was a message about 'Embracing Grace' (Luke 15: 1-24) to which I responded to God in rededication. Amen. What a start to the week.







The fourth picture is Robert and the one below is Judah.



Ok that's all for now.

Jesus bless you and be blessed Lord Jesus.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Really looks good.

Sigh...

It has been a long time since I worshipped God to that extent!

Must have been really great.

Ken said...

Hi Ann,

Oh yes. Amen.

How are you? Enjoying motherhood?

Jesus bless you.