Friday, September 15, 2006

'Weird' and Wonderful

A thought

I had a thought last night when I was looking at some of the things in my room and bathroom. Yes, I would blog a post about some of the 'odder' things in my room (that is besides myself lah ... hahahah ... I guess I can be pretty eccentric too, as some of you would already be aware of, but I hope these idiosyncrasies are endearing rather than irritating ... haha).

Anyway, allow to me present to you the 5 most unique things in my room and bathroom (whattalist) and yes, I do consider them objets d'art.

Here they are


Ooo ... what is it? Any guesses? It is actually my wall mounted lamp.

Looking very futuristic and space aged, it caught my eye when I was in Ipoh, awaiting the shifting into my current apartment. I wanted something interesting, out of the ordinary and at the same time, charming. If I am correct, I found this lamp in a light shop near the 'warring' nga choy kai shops in Ipoh. Hahahaha ... initially attracted to it, I was hesistant to buy it, as it did not really illuminate the room bright enough to read, but its uniqueness got the better of me, and well, if ever you come and visit me, please drop by for a look.



This is a charmer. Haha ... It is my 'pet' chameleon. I actually find chameleons most fascinating. Slow moving and enigmatic, they shift and blend into the surroundings, with a wicked tongue.

This chameleon stays in my bathroom, over the sink. It is a mirror. A friend of mine, my godson Aidan's mother, Alice gave it to me for Christmas. I immediately took a liking to it and it also solved my problem of not having a mirror in the bathroom as I was hesistant to drill through tiles.

Bathroom exhibit 2: a tongue scrubber.

I know, it does not sound too pleasant but what to do when dental and oral hygiene is important? Apparently, it also helps reduce ulcers by cleaning your tongue.



This is one of my favourites: a Scripture Keeper. These beauties are readily available in Glad Sounds and Evangel and they come in a variety of themes. This is a Sports Themed one and even the Bible verses are sports themed. Good for encouragement and also as a decorative piece to get conversations going, and also sharing :) .

I have another one in the office and that is a Refuge theme, with an Ivy Tower to hold the cards. Praise The Lord Jesus for creative people.

Lastly, but not least, my very own Van Gogh artpiece. Well at least in full technicolour jigsaw.

I used to have a thing for jigsaws when Valerie, my sister in law had a few that she fixed and framed put up in our home. I saw this in Jigsaw World, KLCC and bought it on sale. I tried to fix it, but my patience grew thin (haha) and finally had to resort to the kindness and patience of my three brother and sisters in Christ, Soon Seng, Jean and Yoke Kheng, who fixed it up and then framed it up for my birthday. God bless them. :) Now it hangs as a centre piece on my bedroom wall and it really brightens up the place (with my two other pictures).



There you have it

Five of the more unique things I have. I have more, but that is another story.

Thank You Lord Jesus for your gift of art and creativity. All praise to You, my/our Author of Life.

God bless you.

1 comment:

z said...

great post! never thought of the weird things i own . . . mostly because i don't own many things! i move around so much that i've taken to throwing away things that i don't absolutely need.