Friday, October 06, 2006

Everlasting - Your light will shine where all else fades




I recently learned a couple of new songs (new to me that is) that really is very inspirational, both from my KDU CF camp.

The first one being How great is our God originally by Chris Tomlin from his 'Arriving' album.


This song is really inspirational to me. When I sing it with a congregation of His saints, I really feel like the world is singing as one to Jesus. Amen. Truly how great is our God. The song paints such an awesome picture. Jesus reigns! I am thinking of teaching it the next time I lead worship in BUC. Here are the lyrics:

The splendor of the King,
Clothed in majesty
Let all the earth rejoice,
All the earth rejoice
He wraps himself in light,
And darkness tries to hide
And trembles at his voice,
And trembles at his voice

How great is our God, Sing with me
How great is our God, and all will see
How great, How great is our God

Age to age he stands
And time is in His Hands
Beginning and the End,
Beginning and the End
The Godhead, Three in one
Father, Spirit, Son
The Lion and the Lamb,
The Lion and the Lamb

BRIDGE
Name above all names
Worthy of our praise
My heart will sing how great
Is our God


The second song is from the Hillsong United 'United we stand' album: Inside out. The words of the (either) pre chorus or chorus, 'Everlasting ... Your light will shine when all else fades' really touches me, as I get a beautiful picture of God's unfailing love and light. Like a precious, powerful ray of light breaking through through the confusion around me. Such precious, relevant words that mirror the condition of my walk at this time. I love You Lord Jesus always.


A thousand times I've failed
Still Your mercy remains

And should I stumble again
I'm caught in Your grace


Everlasting
Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending
Your glory goes beyond all fame


Your will above all else
My purpose remains
The art of losing myself
In bringing You praise

Everlasting
Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending
Your glory goes beyond all fame


In my heart and my soul
Lord I give You control
Consume me from the inside out
Lord let justice and praise
Become my embrace
To love you from the inside out

Everlasting
Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending
Your glory goes beyond all fame


And the cry of my heart
Is to bring You praise
From the inside out
Lord my soul cries out

The Lord God, Our Heavenly Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit be glorified.

God bless us all.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Mummy said that she knows the first song. It's a great song!

Ken said...

Yayy. Mommy can sing louder when uncle teaches it.

How great is Jesus.

:)

Or maybe mommy can back up sing? You also want to?