Wednesday, October 04, 2006

My journey of discovery ...

It has been some time since I posted.

...

I have just returned from KDU's Christian Fellowship camp over the weekend, Friday (29th September) to Sunday (1st October) in Golden Sands Baptist Centre, Port Dickson. The camp was not too big (numerically). There were only 25 of us, and from that, only 22 attended the camp right to the end. It was a time of refreshing, fellowship and discovery ...

The message I remember the most as being the most inspiring was the message that our speaker, Pastor Gurmit of Kuantan, shared on the last day (Sunday). It was from Daniel 3, about the stand Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego made for the Lord when they refused to bow to King Nebuchadnezzar's idol. As we know, the king sentenced the three young men to death by burning in a super heated furnace (it was so hot that the guards who brought the three young men to the furnace also died (v 22) and they were thrown into the furnace.

Miraculously, they were saved by The Lord, God: (in v 25)

[Nebuchadnezzar] said, "Look! I see four men walking around in the fire, unbound and unharmed, and the fourth looks like a son of the gods."

And again later in the passage: (at v 27)

They saw that the fire had not harmed their bodies, nor was a hair of their heads singed; their robes were not scorched, and there was no smell of fire on them.

God will not let down those who actively make a stand for Him, who remain faithful to Him.

The miracle is amazing, but the most eye opening thing about the lesson was in how the three young men responded to the king: (vv 16-18)

Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to the king, "O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and he will rescue us from your hand, O king. But even if he does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up."

Wow ...

Something to truly chew on.

Lord Jesus, please give me the faith that You gave your three humble servants, that no matter what, I will always stand up for You. Amen.


Besides that, during the camp, I was continuously pondering over several issues (pertaining to the gifts of the Holy Spirit). I think I am on a journey of discovery and I pray for The Lord Jesus' wisdom and the inspiration of His Holy Spirit to bring me through this.

Lord Jesus, give me Your wisdom, discernment and strength. Reveal to Your servant, Your child the deep things of God. I entrust to You this journey of spiritual discovery. Let Your Word speak to me personally and convict me of Your truth Lord. Amen.

May I bring glory to the Lord Jesus.

I bless the Lord.
God bless you all.

No comments: