Sunday, February 26, 2006

Fish

Fish, you gotta love 'em.

Personally, I love to eat 'em, look at 'em (in aquariums) and watch documentaries on marine and fresh water life. How can you go wrong with fish, I ask you. More so in these days filled with 'poultry paranoia'.

Please try not to get me wrong, I like chicken meat as much as the next guy... (I am from Ipoh), but better to be safe as compared to sorry. For those who absolutely have to have chicken, remember cook 'em well and boil 'em chicken and duck eggs good before consuming (and also other bird's eggs).
All the same, ever notice how fascinating fish are, how good they taste and how (for those weight conscious and otherwise) good they are for you? Haha. Of course, fish are not exempt from controversy - look back a while and you might remember the mercury (was it?) contamination of fish that once made headlines. Come to think of it, most meats have been through some trying times - madcow (moo), JE (oink), and now avian influenza (chirp, cluck, etc). Vegetables are also included as they can be laced with pesticides. What is becoming of our food?
Back to fish talk, I think I will be eating more than my fair share of fish for the next few weeks. All that brain food must be in high demand at this moment (which is not necessarily good news for fish) and hopefully people do not take this oportunity to elevate the prices of fish. The best way to eat fish is steamed with simple soya sauce and some garnishing of parsley and ginger and spring onions. Yum. I also like to watch the way chefs cook fish on tv, baked in some herbs (like basil or um... what did Mr Jamie Oliver call it? Kylie Kwong also does some mean cooking), deep fried with a myriad of sauces. Oh so delicious. I do enjoy my food :).
So fish of all types, here I come.
Fish, you gotta love 'em.
God bless you.

3 comments:

adri-enne said...

no fish/seafood <$10 per kilo in central market. . .
closest 2 fish i've ever had in d past 3 weeks is sardine; canned sardine. :(
ur steamed fish recipe so reminded me of how much i miss them...
steamed cod fish...
steamed white pomfret...

Ken said...

Oh yes, that was the fish I was thinking about too. Great minds...
So how is everything? Update us on your blogpage.

Am looking forward to hear from you. Can you chat?

Ritz said...

Oh... "huish"...