Thursday, August 31, 2006

Here's Kenny ...

I'm back. I'm back. I'm back home in Ipoh ...

For those in the know, the last time I was home in Ipoh was Chinese New Year 2006. That would mean I have not touched Ipoh soil since, what was it? January? Oh wow ... and I used to return to Ipoh almost every weekend when I first started my stay in PJ/KL.

Among the reasons for my 'long awaited' (haha) return:

  1. my dear parents visit us in PJ very often :),
  2. it can be a hassle taking the bus (although it does give me a chance to sleep),
  3. commitments in PJ (work (forced, hehe) and ministry (enjoyable, and I am grateful to serve the Lord Jesus),
  4. usually tired to travel after a long week.

This time around, it was a chance too good to miss. Thursday happened to be a public holiday, my brother was driving home and I am not scheduled to work this Saturday. More importantly, what prompted me was, to me, God's still voice saying I should spend more time with my parents.

You see, I am currently attending a very interesting (and liberating) course on Friday evenings called 'The Father's Love'. It is a Biblical course that, in one sense, explores our relationship with God, based on our parents' relationship with us. The lessons are simple and concise and the ministry time can be full of wonderful revelation (Lord Jesus, transform me for Your Glory). Until now, we had only had two classes, but I felt that prompting to take an extra day from work (Friday) and just spend the long weekend with my parents (Lord Jesus, use this time for Your Glory and Healing). Intrigued? It is not too late to join. I cannot recommend it enough.

Besides the time with my family, I am also rediscovering what treasures Ipoh holds - her food. Hehe. I have so far eaten my favourite chicken rice and for dinner, at a very good place for clay pot rice and tau geh (bean sprouts). Tomorrow for breakfast: Fish head mee hoon ... yummy. And the eating goes on and on.

Family, fellowship and food ... whattacombo. :)

God be blessed.

God bless you.

1 comment:

Ritz said...

I've not been back home since CNY till this very day...