Thursday, August 24, 2006

One hundred million miracles

The title is taken from a song in the musical (and also movie) 'The Flower Drum Song', about how a couple of illegal Chinese imigrants find new life in the USA (arriving on board a ship as stowaways) and the lives they impact. I remember enjoying the movie as I was growing up and enjoying the music as well. It is like a musical tribute to the Chinese society in the US. Today's title, I thought, is very apt for today's post.

One hundred million miracles ... are happening everyday ...

God is good, all the time.

A fun evening
Yesterday, I had dinner with two good friends (CF students: Aaron and Sim, Sim being my ex student, about to fly to UK) at Italiannies in 1U. I had come from work, so I was lugging along with me my trustee laptop. We were catching up, having good fellowship and enjoying a satisfying meal and soon we decided to get some coffee. We headed to Centrepoint.

Upon arrival, we saw that Starbucks was packed and so we decided to go to McDonalds instead (I shall always have memories of this McDonalds now, as you shall see later ... hehe). There we were enjoying a sundae, McFlurry and a drink. Soon, it got late and we had to send Sim home to Kota Damansara. Up we got and to home did trot (haha). We arrived about 20 minutes later at Kota and after saying our goodbyes, Aaron and I headed to ss2 as Aaron wanted to collect his thumbdrive from his sister. SS2 came and went and eventually, I dropped Aaron home at Damansara Jaya.

Horrors
As Aaron was entering his home, I turned around to look at the contents of my back seat and discovered that it was quite empty, but for my gym bag, a Jusco bag and my shoes ...

Where was my laptop?????

I was frantic ... panicky ... I informed Aaron about it and he also got a shock.

Gasp! It was still at McDonalds ... and had been there for almost an hour.

What to do? What to do? I got in my car and drove and drove to McDonalds and prayed and prayed and pleaded with the Lord Jesus that the laptop still be there. All sorts of thoughts were running through my mind: the laptop, firstly had all my work stored within, all my pictures that I had taken, all my documents. The laptop belonged to my employers and I would have to pay for it now. The anguish, the panic, the forgetfulness on my part, lack of care. I prayed and prayed and prayed. Aaron even asked Joram, a friend of ours in Australia to pray too.

McDonalds
I parked my car at the roadside, parking in the carpark would take an eternity, or would seem like it and sped to McDonalds on foot. It was then almost 12.30am. The lights of McDs greeted me, but whether they were lights of relief or lights of warning, I could only speculate ... and I was speculating. Lord Jesus forgive me for being so careless with things You have entrusted me with. As I appoached the verandah, what I thought I saw made my heart sink, sink and land with a crash. The cubicle that we were sitting in (or so I thought) was now occupied. But then, I moved closer, and saw that in a cubicle behind that cubicle, there was what looked like a black bag ... untouched! Was I seeing things?

I raced in and pushed the swing doors. I still remember the squeak it gave as I did so, as if an obstacle in my path. Quick quick. As I approached the cubicle, a wave, um ... a tidal wave, um ... a tsunami of relief rolled over me ... my laptop was sitting right where I had left it ... TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY. I was wrapped in joy, in relief, in gratitude.

Well think what you will, but I know for sure that my God, Jesus answers prayers. I was thanking The Lord profusely on my way home and even managed to give a worried Aaron a call. Such euphoria. Sigh ... (and that's a good sigh).

To my Heavenly Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit be all the glory forever and forever. Amen.

Truly a hundred million miracles are happening everyday.

P.S: oddly enough, or hehe not surprisingly, the laptop was untouched even though the table had been cleaned. Our God is a God of Miracles.

I bless you God.

God bless you all.

3 comments:

hyper said...

I had the same experience couple of years back when Christine & I were shopping at Parkson. I left both our handphones, Startac and Nokia at the casher and left. Only to discover the missing handphone when we were at the car. We were panic, and managed to recall that I have left the phone at the casher. To our surprise, she recognised us and returned it to us. Indeed, all glory to our living God.

DrCabokia said...

PTL! Yes, miracles are still happening. I experienced 2 recently - the gift of Jordan and PhD.

Ken said...

Our God is indeed awesome. All praise to Jesus.